- Organisations to start seeing themselves as Eco-friendly Workplaces and develop green office practices and policies
- Management to implement and maintain sustainable practices into their workplaces
- Workers to take a look at the daily routines and realize the economic benefits of reducing waste.
Daily themesBased on this year’s daily themes, the company plans to do the following:
· Monday 16 April: Make a difference by finding more ways to save on printing- Printing on both sides of the paper. If you fail plant a tree for every 20 pages printed
· Tuesday 17 April: make a difference by finding more ways to save on lighting- Switch lights off in offices and meeting rooms that are not being used.
· Wednesday 18 April: Make a difference by finding ways to drive green- Go easy on the air conditioner as it uses more fuel.
· Thursday 19 April: Make a difference by looking for ways to recycle more- Cut scrap paper and bull-clip it to use as a notepad or cut in quarters and use as post-it like notes
· Friday 20 April: Make a difference by sharing a green tip with colleagues and clients- At the bottom of your emails include a green message such as: Think twice before you print this email.
“These are simple and quick tips that can reduce the carbon footprint we are creating, the idea of eco-living and green offices are not new concepts at Litha but we are glad to see this is becoming a global movement,” says Teresa Jenkins COO of Litha Communications
“The greatest gift we can give to the children of the future is to take care of the present”- Unknown